Normandy by Katie Gresbach

Going to Normandy was one of the places that I was going to because of my military background. I felt like this place was key place for me to see. The tour was going to the museum, having lunch, then going to the beaches, and the American cemetery. These two pictures are of the cemetery. I was emotional as soon as we got there. I was not expecting all that was there with the wall of unknown and the statue.

The bottom picture is when I lost the strength that I had. This hit home for me because this person gave the ultimate sacrifice for the world and no one can even know their name. This was when I made the decision to give my brothers and sisters of mine a profound respect. I walked all the way down to the end so that all the stones were facing me, and I turned around and with tears running down my face, I saluted them all. I can only imagine what those soldiers had to go through and I am thankful for what they did. The world would not be the way that it is today without the things that they did and there is no way that we can repay them back. That is my way of giving them the respect that they deserve.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Omaha Beach by Caren Freund

Morning in Paris, the City Awakes to the Bells of Notre-Dame-by Alexis Scherer

Travel Inspired Musings by Karissa Sjostrom